We are currently looking for a sales support engineer to join our team. The engineer contributes to the application design (configuration of the application in terms of route, station location, operational mode and schedule, station and berth configuration) and calculates the fleet size and associated capital and operational costs. The engineer will work closely with the sales representatives to describe the application and operational configuration as part of quotes to potential customers.
As a sales support engineer, you will be part of a cross functional team and work closely together with the sales representatives, application and system engineers and the application manager to define the project and scope definition, schedule and budget. In this role you will directly report to the sales manager.
- Contribute to the application design (configuration of the application in terms of route, station location, operational mode and schedule, station and berth configuration)
- Calculate the fleet size and associated capital and operational costs
- Describe the application and operational configuration to be included in quotations
- Support the application engineers whenever needed
- Support and join the sales representatives on international sales trips and reference visits whenever needed
- Be prepared to travel in support of projects being realized
Your skills and expertise:
- Minimal B.Sc. with an interest in automated transportation and/or public transit
- Up to 3 years of professional experience in engineering and/or sales support
- Solid understanding of logistics
- You are proficient in the Dutch and English language, both spoken and written
- Good communicator and speaker able to represent the company at customer meetings and conferences
- Able to create visually strong, clear and appealing presentations
- Bonus points for experience with writing of quotations and or articles (editorial skills)
- Knowledge and experience in ACAD, MS office
We offer you a position as sales support engineer in a growing organization, with the opportunity to grow to a sales position or application engineering alternatively. Salary and benefits are market conform and based on knowledge and experience.
Please note that this vacancy is open to applicants from within the EU only. Relocation to the Netherlands is required. Relocation costs are not reimbursed.
Recruitment by commercial agencies in relation to this vacancy is not appreciated.