We are currently looking for a senior system engineer to join our team. The senior system engineer is responsible
for engineering activities throughout the system life cycle. During the concept phase of the project the system engineer is
responsible for definition of a concept of operations and the overall system requirements, which will be further detailed in subsequent project
phases to subsystem requirements such as the vehicles, the civil infrastructure (stations, guideways, etc.) the supervisor system and the ICT
As a senior system engineer, you will be part of a cross functional team and work closely together with project management and the product manager, on customer project implementations and product development as well as contribute to the enhancement of technology.
- Support marketing and sales through system calculations and high level system architecture design
- Functional analysis and concept design for various elements of the APM system and/or its subsystems
- Specification and review of (sub-)system requirements
- Setup simulation models to investigate behavior of various system elements
- Specification of (sub-)system interfaces in cooperation with sub-contractors and the software development team
- Specification of (sub-)system design, assessment of various design alternatives and selection of components
- Technical coordination with customer and suppliers
- Support test- and commissioning engineers with the definition and execution of test specifications
- Support project management by identifying and controlling technical risks
- Support safety management by identifying and controlling safety risks
- Support safety management by participating in FMEA’s and FTA’s
- Share technical knowhow and subject matter expertise within engineering team
Your skills and expertise:
- MsC in Mechanical-, electrical-, control systems engineering, mechatronics, industrial automation or related fields
- Minimum of 5 years working experience as a systems engineer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English and Dutch)
- Experience with multi-disciplinary projects
- Experience with requirement management and related tooling
- Helicopter view
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Cost and time conscious (deadlines)
- Safety Conscious
- Team player
We offer you a position as senior systems engineer in a growing organization, with the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the development cycle of a market-leading product. Salary and benefits are market conform and based on knowledge and experience.
Please note that this vacancy is open to applicants from within the EU only. Relocation to the Netherlands is required. Relocation costs are not reimbursed.
Recruitment by commercial agencies in relation to this vacancy is not appreciated.